Professional learning has never been more important but feels like it can get lost in this environment of ever-changing priorities. Policy makers are moved by the stories of real educators and students. Telling your professional learning story – big or small – will raise awareness of the need for professional learning and motivate decision makers to invest.
- Who will you talk to get information about T2 funding? ______________
- How much funding does your district get in T2 funding? ______________
- What other funding sources are used for professional learning? ______________
- What data has your district/school/state collected over time? (for example: teacher retention data, educator confidence data, schools in need of improvement #s)
Telling Your Story:
- What was the challenge your district was facing?
- How did professional learning address the problem?
- How do you know that your professional learning intervention solved the problem?
- What graphics/images do you have that you could include? (for example: charts, pictures, quotes)
Sharing Your Story
- Who are the decision makers you want to influence? (for example: school board members, district leaders, principal, parents)
- Organize your talking points for emphasis.
- How will you share your story? (for example: presentation, newsletter, social media, website)