Your story matters.
Your advocacy matters.
Together, they can make a real impact on education policy and funding.
Members of Congress pay careful attention when they hear from constituents like you. And the more constituents that speak out on Title II, the more likely that Congress will heed requests for more funding. That was true when we fought successfully to save Title II from elimination, and it is true today as we seek long-overdue funding increases.
Professional Learning is essential to strengthening educator practice, improving student outcomes, and promoting educator retention. Learning Forward is asking all advocates to publicly state their own commitment to professional learning and ask all policymakers to do the same.
Just as your work is Powered by Title II, advocacy for Title II funding is powered by you.
Here’s how you can take action:
1. Tweet about the importance of Title II to your members of Congress.
2. Add a Twibbon (picture frame) to your Twitter or Facebook profile.
3. Watch this webinar to hone your skills, build confidence, and get excited about being an advocate.
4. Compile and share your story about the impact of Title II in your school, district or state.
5. Email your members of Congress.
6. Feature the Title II badges on your presentations and documents for activities funded through Title II.
7. Share the Title II information sheet when talking with decision makers and legislators.
Download the badges below for presentations, web pages, account profiles, etc. (Click to download.)
Social media graphics
Download the graphics below to include in your tweets and social posts. (Click to download.)
Share the following tweets to promote this website:
[Click to tweet] Time to unleash your inner advocate! 🦸♀️ This new website #PoweredByTitleII from @LearningForward makes your #TitleIIA advocacy efforts as easy as pushing a button. Visit now to access tools, templates, research, & more! https://ow.ly/n8Oj50Hw65U
[Click to tweet] #TitleIIA is critical for teachers, school leaders, & principals to do their jobs effectively. Visit the new #PoweredByTitleII website to collect & share data about the impact of high-quality professional learning, & to strengthen your advocacy skills. https://ow.ly/n8Oj50Hw65U
[Click to tweet] This new website #PoweredByTitleII from @LearningForward makes your #TitleIIA advocacy efforts as easy as pushing a button. Visit now to access tools, templates, research, and more! https://ow.ly/n8Oj50Hw65U